Friday, January 4, 2019

Buddy's Final Good Fortune Reveal

When we got up this morning, Buddy showed me his final guess for what the Good Fortune layout would be. He was so far off we had a long loud laugh at his expense.

And Buddy continues to think that fur balls are an excellent embellishment.

 Molly does not think we should reward Buddy for his poor attempt at quilt design layout...so she suggested that he be allowed to watch her eat cat treats for his consolation prize.

Here's Buddy receiving his consolation prize.

Meanwhile, I've been machine quilting the Demented Garden Mosaic quilt...at this point I'm quilting down the dark squares with a variegated thread.



9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You put those blocks together fast! Maybe it was the help of the supervisors. Miles and miles of stitching, been there.

floribunda said...

I think you and Molly are too hard on poor Buddy! (Congratulations on doing the 1,000s of triangles for that mystery, though... I always like her outcomes but I'm way too much of a grasshopper to actually make one)

Cathy said...

Wait! What?! You mean those top two pictures are NOT Buddy’s reveal? I thought (and would certainly have believed) that he got it exactly right! Buddy’s talent is obviously under-appreciated. Demented is looking nice. Is the variegated thread multi-colored?

Barbara said...

Sadie always shoves me out of the way and eats my treats. Women. We Mancats need to start some kind of club. Smitty.

or-ar quilter said...

Buddy has done a great job on the quilt so far, but you may want to double check his work on the red/orange blocks before he gets too far along. Looks like maybe Molly has tried to sabotage his work and turned some four-patches.

Julia G said...

I like Buddy's layout!

Frances Meredith said...

Great colours and well on the way to a finish.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I think Buddy is a budding quilter tho! ha ha - Love your colors!

Vireya said...

Buddy's mystery layout is great! And I know I've said it several times, but I love your colour scheme. It is beautiful.