Tuesday, January 22, 2019

More Bits and Pieces

Okay...I see that I have one of the blocks turned upside down...oh well. It's just for show. I started this pinwheel quilt a couple years ago as part of the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge. And at the end of the year I counted how many more blocks I needed. I also figured out which colors I needed more of. At some point I cut triangles to make the half square triangles and these have been sitting on my sewing table.

Meanwhile, Buddy has been increasing his toy inventory by stealing bits of cloth and anything else on my sewing table. This gave me added incentive to move these along.

I have also been throwing away a lot of weird bits of fabric that have been strewn around the house. I think we can agree that its okay to throw away 1 inch squares of fabric. Oops. Not so fast. I precut lots of microspools...and each of these use four 1 inch squares. Now some are missing their squares...BUDDY!!!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I hope the things Buddy is stealing don't include pins... Our newest addition has taken a liking to grabbing a few pins and dropping them a few steps away. Guess he's following suit from his big sisters. Your blockage look great!

Cathy said...

Well, apparently YOU can agree to whatever you want, but Buddy has the last say. He and Darla need to compare notes about stealing “toys”. Darla meows and whines until Bruce opens the door to his laBORatory. Next thing we know, she is playing with a new toy - a resistor, a capacitor, a screw, a bit of foam...

MissPat said...

Hmmm, like minds. I've decided it's time to finish the RSC pinwheel project, too. We're traveling and I kitted up the pieces for the colors I needed to finish, so when I get home, I can get the thing sew together and hopefully quilted as well.
Pat

gayle said...

As long as Buddy doesn't sneak off with your sewing machine so he can assemble all those plundered bits. Unless he's trying to help by making micro spools?