Sunday, January 20, 2019

Wool Circles

Sue Spargo is coming to speak to our quilt guild next month and my sister and I are taking her class. Before the class we are supposed to sew 48 wool circles to a background. Molly has a lovely collection of wool that she allowed me to borrow from.  Wool is Molly's chocolate...she likes to roll around in it and caress it.

Needless to say, my sister sent me a picture showing how she had already sewn almost all her circles onto the background. I prefer to "enjoy" my projects by having lots of time "thinking about" and less time "doing." And this way I never risk having the project ready on time.

5 comments:

Amy said...

At a glance, I thought you were going to blog about cupcakes. Your colorful circles reminded me of the big, flat, round sprinkles that crunch so satisfyingly. Lucky Molly for having them; lucky you for her letting you use some and for taking a class with Sue.

Barbara said...

We should unite in some sort of Quilter’s Union and demand that those wool circles be treated as currency. Think of all the fabric you could buy with your wool coins.

Cathy said...

Darla thinks the best use for those wool circles would be for her to bite them and run away to hide them. She has an as-yet undiscovered hiding place where I’m told all sorts of treasures lurk.

Lorna McMahon said...

Molly sure must love you to share those beautiful wool fabrics with you. I must say that I enjoyed your last line in this post. Immensely

gayle said...

I'm having a quiet moment imagining all those wool circles staticked to Buddy. He would look like a colorful Appaloosa.