Sunday, January 20, 2019

Seeing Red

Today I seem to be living in the Hawaii time zone, so I'm pretending its still Saturday. Several years ago Cathy at Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting made an elongated block that I called Bitcoin. I do like making these blocks. But this year I'm making a square version.

Here are nine of the blocks. Hopefully I will discover a better layout.

And here are my three RSC blocks. And if you want to see red too, take a look at the lovely red patchwork at the SoScrappy's Rainbow Scrappy Challenge.

11 comments:

quiltingbydawn said...

I really like your bitcoin block!

Donna J said...

The really like the bitcoins, they're right up my alley. I read your post about the heated kitten bed, what a great idea. When our cat "Ed" was probably about 20 he started crying at night, we couldn't figure out the problem. Finally put a heating pad under his bed and he was a happy camper. Cool that they are available, never thought to look for one in a store.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great use of your small RED scraps!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your Cat and the Fiddle fabric fabric! Perfect to make a kitten out of.

Cathy said...

Actually I think I like that bitcoin layout! Look no further!

Thanks for the 3 inch kitty dimensions. Darned if there isn't a litter of 20 in my sewing room now.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Another lovely set of blocks.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your tiny Tuesday blocks are adorable. I think this quilt is going to be fun.

Ellen said...

Lots of scrappy goodness taking place in your sewing room this week. :)

PaulaB quilts said...

I really like your RSC blocks. The one that looks like the fan is really effective. Have you thought about putting vertical Sashing in the bitcoin quilt? Keep up the good work!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely reds - I have mine ready to go but seem to have lots of projects to keep me busy!

Scrapatches said...

Love the kitten! <3 Pat