Thursday, January 10, 2019

Warming Up

I made more progress on machine quilting the Demented Garden Mosaic. I have sewn through the squares and now I'm going down the diagonals, hiding in the ditch between the dark and light.

And I even made another handful of micro spools. I only have a few more thousand to make.

And look at the delightful fabric that came in the mail. Okay, I also got a rainbow spiral too.

Meanwhile, I've been a bit disappointed that Molly hasn't used her heated bed as much as I thought she would. Then I noticed that it was on the same surge protector as the iron...and I had the unit turned off. No heat for Molly. I turned her bed on and by this afternoon Molly was quite happy and quite heat drunk. (And in case you wondered...the heat only comes on if there is weight placed on it, so it is off when unoccupied.)

8 comments:

Dorothy said...

Where did that fabulous fabric come from? And where did that fabulous heated bed come from? I currently have an outside "heating pad" inside of a quilt plugged in for a feral cat I feed and take care of. It's on 24/7 whether he's there or not

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the kitty spiral fabric! May I ask where you got the heated bed for Molly? I think this would be great for my Bella who's health is declining.

Barbara said...

We put a little bed like that out on the catio. It’s inside the little kitty house. We unplugged it this summer, but then plugged it back in for winter. We’ve seen the kitties in the house, but not since we turned on the bed. Still, we think they use it on the sly.

Katie said...

I'm curious about the heated bed, too! I have an electric blanket on my bed that the cats love (and allows me mobility in sleeping instead of sleeping under a pile of cats in the winter months) and I think a heated by pressure bed would be amazing! And I love the cat fabric. And of course, the cat...

gayle said...

Does that heated bed come in human sizes?
Love love love the kitty spirals!

Linda in Calif. said...

I love your mirco spools - they must be fun to make. I need one of those heated beds for my older dog.

Sue SA said...

Spiralling cat fabric is the bomb!

PaulaB quilts said...

That spiraling cats fabric has my head spinning. No such thing as too many cats!