Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Bats or Butterflies?


I continued working on the current Bonnie Hunter mystery. I fixed blocks and put together the butterfly blocks only to find out that they look like bats. Frankly I am really liking the jagged scary look that the "butterflies" give. Appropriately spooky.

Meanwhile, I don't want to sound preachy, but I do think I should respond to the variety of lifestyles described in the comments to the last post. Regardless of our preferences, to maximize longevity, it is quite important to synchronize sleep patterns with biodynamic mechanisms in our environment. By biodynamic mechanisms, I am specifically referring to Buddy and Molly. And it's Molly's longevity that is at risk with her asynchronous middle of the night nonsense.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my, those do look like bats! Good thing the other color choices work well with a Halloween theme. But you can feel better that you are not the first person to make a bat-themed mystery quilt. I also share that honor, with a quilt made in the late 90s, of which there is no proof. That was long before I had a digital camera and way before cell phones did anything but wrangle doctors to emergencies. I do like this quilt, though. Less batty than mine...

Julia G said...

This looks great!

Cathy said...

Maybe night moths or ghost bats. I'm going to have to remember whatever they are for alternate blocks.

gayle said...

Whether they're bats or butterflies, I do like they way they flitter!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It looks so great!!! Love the dark background!

Quilting Tangent said...

I like your quilt, it has a nice Halloween feel to it. Love the colors. Bats work well in the design.