Monday, January 31, 2022

Tick, tick, ...


The Project Quilting theme of "Kitchen" opens up so many possibilities, it's almost too hard to choose. My favorite idea is to make a quilt out of woven potholders...you know, the ones made from loops. Those potholders are so much fun to make, I suspect I could make a lot in no time at all. The only part I'm not sure about is stitching them together in a way that I can then make them into a quilt...you know, with a batting and backing. 

I may be feeling cocky because I have finished two of the challenges this year...compared to when I tried twice and failed both times. So just to be sure I can make the potholder quilt on time, I'm going to set my kitchen timer to see how many potholders I can make in an hour. Also, I need to find the loom and hope I have enough loops...

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Too cute! Of course your kitchen timer is a cat. I remember making those loopy potholders when I was a kid. Did they even work?

Nancy said...

Good idea to time yourself, but I think your little timer would make a dandy quilt for the challenge.
I love and still use (and occasionally make) potholders with loops. Whenever I find cotton loops at the thrift store I buy them. The cotton ones are hard to find these days; nylon or poly are much more common and not at all helpful to keep hands from getting burnt on a hot pot. I'm looking forward to seeing your potholder quilt.

gayle said...

Both kitty timers are adorable and perfect!