Sunday, January 2, 2022

Happy Birthday


Today is my sister's birthday. Here is a picture of us dressed up for a reason that I don't remember. At first, you might think it is sweet that we are holding hands...but you should look closer to see that my sister is firmly holding my wrist. To be fair, she may have been trying to protect her dress from whatever sticky mess I might have had on my hand. Or maybe I kept running away. 

Meanwhile, I made no noteworthy progress with quilting except for getting revved up for Project Quilting which began today. (This is the quilt version of Project Runway). The last time I attempted this, I started quilts that I had no hope of finishing within the one week timeframe. Given that there are typically no size constraints, my defeat was due to serious conceptual flaws. If you are interested, here is the link that explains the challenge: https://kimlapacek.com/project-quilting. And here is the link to the first challenge: https://kimlapacek.com/2022/01/13-1-all-the-colors-challenge-1-of-project-quilting-season-13.html.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

What a great picture! You look very similar to me in my Kindergarten picture. I’ll have to dig it out, scan it and show you…. Anyway, the theme of PQ13.1 is right up the RSC alley.

Barbara said...

Cute picture. I love the Project Quilting challenge. We’re always traveling at the beginning of the year, and so I can’t do it. Bummer.

Julia G said...

Your sister looks to be a lovely young woman. Thanks for sharing about project quilting. It looks like a lot of fun.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great photo - and So funny!!! I wonder what it was - sticky hands or running away... hahahaha! great memory!!!

Vireya said...

Lovely photo. Happy birthday to your sister.

Being in the other hemisphere, I initially thought you were both dressed up for Christmas. There are lots of photos of my sister and I dressed up in our new clothes at Christmas that look just like your photo. But then I realised that your Christmases wouldn't involve summer dresses...

maryl said...

Sister says, it was my junior high school graduation. I probably wasn't all that excited either, but I did like that dress...Mom made it, as she did all my dresses--probably Sally's too.

MissPat said...

Before your sister chimed in, I was going to suggest Easter as there were the obligatory annual pictures of my brother and I at Easter, one of the few occasions when we went to church and/or got dressed up.
Pat