Sunday, January 16, 2022

Seahorses revisited


Waiting for the next assignment from Project Quilting, I worked on the seahorse redesign. I can make a simple change to the piecing of the background that will be easy to sew and I can keep the new nose. But I also discovered that I could take the belly out a bit and I would not have to do partial seams and it would not add any new steps. At first I didn't like the bigger belly, but it has been growing on me (no jokes intended). 

To check this version out, I just cut out a scrap and stuck it on top. 

Then the Silhouette challenge was announced on Project Quilting and I got super excited. I came up with four absolutely fantastic ideas. I did have to run out and get some supplies...on the west side of the Willamette...so you know I was beyond enthused. Next I worked out the steps to work on all four ideas with the plan that I would finalize the one I liked best.

This evening I reread the assignment and realized three of my ideas didn't really fit. And the remaining idea doesn't seem so thrilling. Then I thought of a way to simplify and just make a kooky potholder. But that's so sad.

And this mental roller coaster is what is so much fun with Project Quilting. Plus it's free.

3 comments:

gayle said...

Whee!
Oooo - that bigger belly would completely eliminate the partial seam! Yay for chonky seahorses!

Susan said...

You could call it a pregnant seahorse.

Cathy said...

I like your pot-bellied seahorse! Did you see the newborn kittens at Kitten Academy? I’m thinking Buddy may be the dad because they’ve named them all after dogs.