Saturday, January 15, 2022

Micro Seahorses


My plan for today's Rainbow Scrappy Challenge featuring red was to make eight micro-seahorses. These will finish 4 by 9 inches/ I made the orange seahorse awhile ago and decided to make a quilt with small seahorses, With the start of the new year, I  could make them month to month. 

Before I started though, I thought I should make a few changes...in particular fix the nose of the orange seahorse. I was so pleased with the change that I went ahead and cut pieces for eight seahorses in red, planning on four right-facing and four left-facing. I made one. 

It turns out that regardless how well you might like partial seams, building a partial seam around a one inch square is not a good idea.

Also not a good idea...sharing your sewing table.

If you would like to see successful red patchwork, I would suggest a visit to Angela's SoScrappy blog.


I will leave the redesign of the redesigned seahorse for another day. The sky made a rather elaborate end to the day. And so I am putting the seahorses and seahorse bits and pieces away, because tomorrow begins the second week of Project Quilting.

3 comments:

Raewyn said...

I do love your seahorses and a whole quilt of them will look great! Hope your redesigning works for you.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What. . .sharing isn't caring??? I think your friend feels that sharing is caring and after all your friend is certainly available for any attention you care to bestow! The seahorses are great although I'm with you on that partial seam for a one inch square!

gayle said...

Good luck with that itty bitty partial seam.
(Do seahorses actually need noses?)