Sunday, January 30, 2022

Not about Bruno-no-no


 These are the red seahorses I didn't post yesterday linking up with the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge. These are the first left-facing micro seahorses. And I was so proud of myself because I made them at the same time. And I didn't make any mistakes for a very long time...and I got excited about finishing them without using a seam ripper and then one of them twisted their tail and the rest of the journey was all about the seam ripper. 


I had mentioned trying to clear off my sewing table...because I was trying to unearth the microspools. And once I found them, I started putting them together in twosies. Each dark microspool gets paired with a lighter one. The pile in the middle is my progress so far.

And today we get our clue for the next challenge in Project Quilting. It is very smart of them to have one week on, one week off. And you can always jump right in at any time...https://kimlapacek.com


And here is poor Molly having to huddle pathetically on her bare heating pad...without her princess bed sanctuary.

Apparently an earlier version of Molly used her princess tent as a bouncy castle, and the later version of Molly pays the consequences.

7 comments:

Lisa England said...

Your seahorses are fabulous!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the seahorses. The tiny pieces are beyond me. The spools are a magnificent sight before they are caught up and sewn all together. Poor Molly. You just can't figure out what and when things enter their cat skulls.

gayle said...

I love your little seahorses, even when they're being tricksy!
Poor Molly. And that bouncy castle seemed like such a good idea at the time...

Cathy said...

I think you could offer Molly an alternate bouncy house by just piling all those bazillions of microspools up for her. Your seahorses are fabulous, as always.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I can't wait to see those micro spools into a quilt. I know my kitties - they would use the box that the special bed came in for napping.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

those microspools are so tiny! I wonder if they are multiplying by themselves in that basket.

Julia G said...

Your log is always so fun to read