Thursday, November 23, 2023

Tip Top


 The seahorse quilt finally has a border. I. had to fiddle quite a bit with the corners. At first I thought I didn't care how the "diamonds" met in the corner, but then I decided that I wanted the diamonds along the border to end in the down position, so the corner diamond would be in the up position. Lots of unsewing...the unsewing/sewing ratio was definitely greater than two. 

And yes I was a bit sad to learn the crochet cat in yesterday's post is digital, not real. Just like all my quilts. (Just kidding!) But I am a bit mystified about how AI was used to make the image. Maybe that's the reason the cat has round pupils instead of cat eyes. In any case, I'm glad I don't have to learn crochet anymore.

But please, I will be very disappointed to find out that the stuffed embroidered cat in Encanto does not exist in real life as a model for the animation.

3 comments:

gayle said...

That's a very satisfying corner - totally worth the fuss!

Quilter Kathy said...

That is such a fun border for the seahorses! So much piecing in this quilt! Border math is my nemesis, so good for you to figure it out... it looks great!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Super border for these seahorses. Love the room between the border and them.