Thursday, November 9, 2023

Warning: Fabric


 Needless to say, the two top fabrics are my very favorite Nancy Crow fabrics, and I suspect not ones that one would associate with Nancy Crow. And yes, I am thinking that I need to get at least one of the cat fabrics to play nicely with the e bond Roots fabric line. Given the dominate use of the O in the Roots fabric line, it seems obvious...except the colors are a tad off.


Wanda at Exuberant Color reminded me that there were more Nancy Crow fabrics than I showed in yesterday's post (and more than shown here). I had to do an online search to prod my memory...and so I found more in my stash.

Unfortunately, one should be exceedingly careful while online because you can fall into a site that sucks an afternoon away from you. It's so easy to see a tame seeming website like https://www.antiquefabric.com/ and not realize that they have a "vintage" area that is going to make your life pass in front of your eyes in the form of fabric. And the color correction is just a bit off so you have to click on a larger view of each fabric to see it as you remember it. 

Molly suggested that I shouldn't include a link to such a dangerous site, but I can't imagine anyone actually visiting the site given my warning.

4 comments:

gayle said...

Molly may have had a point. **click**

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Seriously?? Those cat fabrics are Nancy Crow's?? I have never seen them and probably wouldn't have purchased them.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness I have those fabrics somewhere! I participated in a block exchange called "Time in a bottle" and we had to use a Y2K fabric in our blocks - I still love that quilt!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Boy, I wish I had not tried so many other things before quilting discovered me. Look at all the fabric I missed.