Friday, January 24, 2020

Duct Tape Penguin


Here is duct tape penguin. And I must say it is really wonderful to be able to count on duct tape in an emergency. And that's where I was. I had another penguin origami failure...which I was going to call pathetic penguin. I had a new sketch of a penguin but it hadn't become anything. I was thinking wool appliqué, but when I got out the wool, Molly settled into the bin for a cuddle and snooze. And yes, it was already after 10:00 pm.

Then I was thinking back and remembered a design/sculpture class I took back at PVCC in Virginia...the first assignment was to choose an object and make faux objects. I chose a lemon.


I pulled out all the lemony stuff I had at the time...and looky there. Bright yellow duct tape. (I don't have that anymore, but I did have white duct tape and electrical tape.)


Here's the final set of lemons (the paper clay lemon was painted after it dried). And yes, if and when I remember how to knit, there will be a knitted penguin/bird of the month.

3 comments:

Vireya said...

I can't believe how creative your penguins have been this month!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

What a great series! I hadn't thought about making a shape using different mediums.

Cathy said...

I love how you’re continuing to think outside the bird!