Sunday, January 5, 2020

Frolic and Pistachio Penguin


I cut more blue and green strips and only have 9 more sets of triangle sets to cut. Sigh! And today there was a kitten loose in the house who decided to knock my drink on top of me. And the amazing thing about kittens is that they don't even to know it they were involved at all. Also, the look of wonder that one gets when the kitten is discovered at 1 AM in the morning shredding tissue paper on the top shelf in the hall closet. I am hoping that Molly grows out of this kitten phase when she turns six this year. Meanwhile, I give Buddy very stern warnings when I catch him chasing the poor defenseless kitten.


And continuing with "A Penguin a Day" for January, here is a penguin on a pistachio shell.


4 comments:

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh good, you are doing so well on the BH Mystery quilt. I do love your colors and can't wait to see it come along. I'm loving your penguin block and this little cutie on a shell.

Katie said...

No, Molly, you are not a gerbil. (We can also replace this with "No, Gabby, you are not a gerbil" and I truly hope she does not continue her nightly paper shredding for another 4 years to catch up with Molly!) Kittens are such fun, I wouldn't trade them for the world. What else would we fill our blogs with when we've had a particularly uneventful span of time between posts?!

Cathy said...

Hmmmm... Darla and Alfalfa, having never shredded any paper, are perplexed by the idea. Alfie wondered why any kitten would want to leave a warm cozy bed to climb and get in trouble. Darla, queen of the eye roll, understands the appeal of midnight stealth, but would rather play with her baby (the red catnip lobster).

gayle said...

I was going to say "Perfect Pistachio Penguin", but then couldn't decide if it was actually a "Perfect Penguin Pistachio", so never mind.
Molly's quest for new hobbies is going to be interesting, isn't it? What's next - hang-gliding? (Good luck!)