Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Fused Fabric Penguin


Here is an emperor penguin. Back in 2011, I participated in a small quilt a week challenge where I made a small 8.5 by 11 inch fused quilt. It got easier as I went along, but I forgot most of the tricks I had learned back then. However, I did still have some fused bits that I could use so maybe hoarding isn't such a bad idea after all.


And here is what a snow day looks like in Portland. And yes, as I was standing out in the front yard there were snow flakes falling from the sky...at the rate of about one snowflake per five minutes.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Just adorable ..nice work--I've never done fusing...hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

That’s a great penguin (aren’t they all?). I especially love the fabric you used for water.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the penguin Sally!

Julia G said...

The penguin is really great - the subtle fabric prints really fit where they are used. Love the background teal for the ocean. Beautiful!