Saturday, January 11, 2020

Lots of Zeroes for Project Quilt


The day started off with a roar because I had finished cutting all the fabric for the light zeroes. Or I thought I had. But I was quite impressed with how much I got done when I focused on what I was doing and stuck with it instead of wandering off.


And so okay, I was expecting to run out of bobbin thread. And I mean running out. But I was still energized so I loaded them all, cleaned and oiled the machine and gave it a new needle. This was too much for the machine so about a half hour later it developed tension issues. But today is not for the faint of heart, so I substituted in my other sewing machine (a twin!).


As you can see, the zeroes are starting to pile up. Also, the substitute sewing machine's light doesn't work (not the bulb).


Well, its already heading into evening. I discovered I needed sixteen more light zeroes and I had to cut 24 dark zeroes. (How many zeroes in a googol?) Times that by four flip triangles.

I'm getting a bit tired, so I agreed that Molly could make dinner although it sounded like some weird concoction using cream cheese and olives. I guess its the thought that counts.


7 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sally! I'm here, cheering you on with your googol quilt. I missed the start of Project Quilt and discovered it last night around 7 PM CST. It actually crossed my mind that I had 17 hours to complete a quilt . . . and then I realized how silly that sounds. So I'll start with 11.2, darn it. I'm the contestant that had to go to the clinic for some reason and they kept me out for the whole Runway challenge. Geez, I hope I'm not eliminated this week. Where are Molly and Buddy during all this googoling?! ~smile~ Roseanne

suzanprincess said...

Project Penguins is keeping me enthralled! Is the googol quilt intended to tent your house, or are you making micro zeroes? susanprincess at att dot net

Julia G said...

Love this penguin! Especially the carrot feet and nose. Inspired!

Quilter Kathy said...

All of that effort adds up to a lot more than zero LOL!

Anonymous said...

Love all the Penguins!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You are on a roll for zeroes! So many of them!

Shirley said...

Do you really have two 1630s?