Saturday, January 18, 2020

Postage Penguin


Sometimes, theory and reality diverge. I was hoping to make a postage stamp penguin or one might say a pixelated penguin. But instead I mismanaged the value of light green and bright green and got goo.


And even after seeing the intention, there are some problems with my theory because I wasn't planning on having the penguin carry groceries. The heavy weight of the packages has shortened the penguins neck, forced him into a squat and made a mess of his wings. Despite all that, I made him from various four patches and think this might be fun to carry through with the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge.

Next time I will take more time between design and execution.

9 comments:

Vireya said...

I see a penguin, even without the black outline. I think he is cute!

Turid said...

Cute penguin and story. Quilters always see things others have problems to see. I clearly see a perfect penguin.

Dorothy said...

Pretty darn inventive--story wise and pattrrn wise. Love it

Julierose said...

Very creative penguin!! It is really cute...hugs, Julierose

Barbara said...

Put a fish in his tummy, and he’ll perk up.

Sue said...

Such a cute penguin!

gayle said...

I think he's a very sweet pixelated penguin!

Cathy said...

Your cute penguin is OK with carrying groceries. He’s obviously a greengrocer. Or maybe The Hulk.

QuiltGranma said...

loving your humor here! And the green penguin... did it eat some fish past the due date?