Sunday, January 26, 2020

Team Storm Quilt Top


Here is the Team Storm quilt top. I didn't meet the Project Quilting deadline, but I'm fine with that. I like how this quilt turned out and this lets me take some time finishing it. The challenge for this week was to pick team colors and make a quilt based on that. I chose the colors of Team Storm, three kittens that I fostered back in Virginia. In fact, they were the last kittens I fostered...

I thought Molly approved of the quilt and said "Taupe is dope" but she was really saying "That taupe cat is a dope."


And here is a felted penguin...a baby emperor penguin. It really is amazing how cute emperor penguin babies are. At the end of March of the Penguin II, they show the babies after their first year heading off to the water for the first time. Along the way, they are losing their baby fluff.

If you still haven't had enough of penguins...you can see Handmade Dalae make a Pengsoo purse on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ohlNgETq2Q.

It is always amazing to watch her make things...and this was how I learned that South Korea has a celebrity penguin called Pengsoo.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I'm impressed with your felted penguin. I tried felting a few years back. The items I made in class looked pretty good. The ones I made on my own at home...not so much.

QuiltGranma said...

Such a cute baby penguin looking up at the camera! Love the cat quilt too.

gayle said...

Team Storm is a fabulous quilt! Taupey, not dopey!
And thanks for that video - I needed another rabbit hole...

Cathy said...

I love the Team Storm quilt! Did you only have 3 of the kittens from Team Storm? I thought you had more. Your felted penguin is adorable. I’ve tried/failed at felting. Just passed on all my roving, supplies, and even my Embellisher machine last year (and good riddance!) I just try not to think about all that money I spent...