Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Pixelated Penguin plus kittens


Here's my second attempt at a pixelated penguin and Molly is calling it "Blunt Force Trauma" Penguin because she assumes that the penguin was whacked in the back of the head. She also said he's leaning on some rails in the rehabilitation unit where he is learning to walk again. And yes, I was trying to avoid having a "Blockhead" Penguin. In any case, we are thankful for flip triangles...when we can use them.


And here is the new litter of kittens. There were five "kittens" in the Team Storm litter when they were brought into the shelter in a box. There were four gray and white kittens and one seal point pony  pup.

I should also mention that Molly took over my sewing chair for most of the evening which slowed my progress significantly. I suspect some deal was struck with another Project Quilting Contestant to thwart my efforts. I think that's my signal to stomp out of the workroom.

3 comments:

QuiltGram said...

Funny post, had a good chuckle to start the day. it never fails to amaze me how creative quilters are. This block is amazing with a nice balance. I easily see the penguin but is isn’t ‘overwhelming’ (not really the work I was searching for). Very interesting watching you explore creating penguins.

gayle said...

Go Team Storm!
I kept hearing "pixelated penguin" as "fascinating rhythm" and ended up on youtube watching Eleanor Powell tapdancing. This is why I never get anything done, I think...

Cathy said...

Is he smoking a cigar? Oh wait, that’s his beak, silly me. Love the kitten blocks. Looks like you’ve got a reverse contrast from yesterday’s blocks. Nice!