Monday, January 13, 2020

Penguin Dispute


Here we are almost to the middle of January and we still haven't had a discussion of what the rules are for the "Put a Bird On It" daily challenge.  The penguin was randomly chosen as the bird for January, and while there may have been lots of discussion about the aesthetic merit of many of the penguins...no rule violations have been cited until today.

At my quilt guild meeting, I found this bit of flannel fabric on the free table. I was quite happy to post this as my penguin for the day, but Molly objected because the manufacturer put the bird on the fabric, not me. Molly Kitten ruled that the only way I could use this fabric as part of the challenge would be if I made cat toy out of it. I asked if she would then forgive me for making a penguin out of cat toys, and she said no.


I thought there might be some poetic justice if I made a fish shape, while a mouse shape would just be confusing. I did back the fish with wool because Molly likes to smell, roll around and beat up wool.


Here is Molly sitting on the rest of the goodies procured from the free table. When I gave her the new cat toy, she was not impressed, but happily it was for aesthetic reasons and not legal ones.

4 comments:

gayle said...

Putting a penguin on a fish definitely qualifies. If you had then put the penguinfish on Molly, would it have been a two-fer?

Barbara said...

Judging by her expression, I'm guessing it smells like fish.

Linda in Calif. said...

This is adorably cute, the penguin on a fish. No, that's not right. It is a fish toy. No that's not it either. It is a cat toy shaped like a fish with a penguin on it. Okay. Now I've got it. I was right the first time it is a penguin on a fish. I think my head needs a break. Molly can you just take over for me?

Julia G said...

Hilarious! Your blog always brings a smile to my face.