Friday, January 10, 2020

Pain in the Neck Penguin and Googol


While made of food, this penguin is not edible. It has fallen on the floor more than 5 times thereby violating the 5 second rule not based on length of time but numbers of time. Then in an effort to change my sobs to screams, Molly rubbed against it knocking it over and covering it with cat hair. Still not edible.

This penguin has a radish for its belly, a carrot slice for its feet, a dried fig for its head, bits of carrot for eyes, and dried beets for wings. Maybe that's why its not edible.


Meanwhile, its time to get serious about Project Quilting. The theme this week is numbers and I have chosen the number googol, or ten raised to 100, or a 1 followed by 100 zeros. I started planning the quilt using grays, white and black but those are not good color choices for Portland during the winter. So today I switched to green.

If you wonder how Project Quilting relates to Project Runway, I'm the one who started the week talking smack, then began laughing nervously, then started crying in the corner and is now threatening to leave the show. All in the privacy of my own home. (Molly calls this Monday.)
In any case, this week's quilt is supposed to be finished by Sunday.

And seriously...I just went to the website to pull the link, and there are almost 50 people who have already finished and submitted their quilt. What's wrong with people these days? Don't they even know what the word deadline means and that the word "dead" is in there for a reason?

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

EEWWWW - I don't think I'd eat that even if it didn't fall on the floor.

Katie said...

Cat hair is just fiber. You'll be fine. As for Project Quilting...well...I'm #21, so I guess maybe I shouldn't talk about it? But I was not as distracted by penguins...then again, having three cats instead of two might make up that handicap? I believe in you. You can do it. And I'd bet you aren't facing the ice storm to beat all ice storms (if weathermen and the National Weather Service are to be believed), so you have continued power to look forward to!

Barbara said...

I’m missing Project Quilting this year, and I’m jealous that you’re doing it. Couldn’t figure a way to bring along supplies without knowing the themes ahead of time. If you get an “in” with the list of themes, please let me know.

Cathy said...

I think you should just name that penguin Googol and call it done. Give him a green scrap runway and you can cross off both projects.

gayle said...

Poor pitiful penguin... (It was doomed from the start)
You and I have a similar understanding of 'deadlines', btw. Good luck!