Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Welcome to the New Year


Beached whale with penguins.

This morning I was ready with my new year resolution: Sign everything with the year 2020.

However, Molly had other plans which she outlined to me as she stood over me while I was still in bed. She said I had two resolutions:

1. Less Input. I understood this one right away. Less input...more output. And I don't have to be listening to something or watching or reading something at all times. Molly agreed with this interpretation in general, but thought I should think of it as less input...more Molly.

2. Less Buddy. Literally, not figuratively. Well, I guess figuratively too in case that means we need to work on his figure.


And here's my progress on the Bonnie Hunter mystery Frolic. She added a step midweek and this year I anticipated another clue before this Friday. But I had not made my second pile of half-square triangles (HSTs) or made the flying geese or finished cutting the triangles. But now all those components are cut and ready for the sewing machine...wherever that is.

Meanwhile, if you take all the components we've made so far, and then assume we will make another set of flying geese with our remaining triangles...we still have 15 percent of the quilt unaccounted for.  We know the area that our components will cover...but it only accounts for 85 percent of the quilt's size. And yes, given how few neutrals we have used, I am suspecting we will pull from there. But no, I'm not putting the rest of the fabric away yet.

Now I'm off to see what information The Quilt Show has for the Sue Garmin Afternoon Delight quilt-a-long. I already had the set of patterns and fabric pulled...so we'll see how far I get with this combination of tiny patchwork and appliqué.

6 comments:

gayle said...

I'll happily watch your Sue Garmin Afternoon Delight quilt-a-long from a safe distance. I know a trap when I see one...
(As for the mystery, I seem to be limping along in everyone else's dust. I've got a few of each component done, but it's going to be a tiny quilt if I don't rev things up a bit!)

Wasn't "More Molly, Less Buddy" the same resolution Molly came up with last year?

Cathy said...

Molly just wants you off the computer so she can watch the bird videos. You could join her and call it “research”. And poor Buddy; he still gets no respect.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, I remember Molly making that same resolution last year as well. And Bella (also a whale) thinks BUddy looks so good.

Vireya said...

Glad to see my maths comes out the same as yours for the percentage made so far of Frolic.

QuiltGranma said...

Aha, more kitty time, and she did not mean less new fabric purchases... which would damage LQS life and existence!

Linda in Calif. said...

I love your kitty - she is so cute. And she's right - more output. Especially pics of her (and Buddy). Your frolic has such wonderful fabrics! You are doing good keeping up. Now I need to go check out Sue Garmin's Afternoon Delight to see what that is all about!