Thursday, January 2, 2020

Sock Penguin


Here is an African penguin made out of fuzzy socks. I made the beak too long so it looks a bit like Jimmy Durante. The directions for making this penguin are excellent and can be found on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXw4_FySvgY.


Molly helped me make him by attacking the fuzzy socks, biting and kicking them into submission. She also tried to help me by attacking the YouTube video and trying to switch to a bird video. But if she had just waited until the end of the tutorial, she would have seen a release of African penguins into the ocean. She also helped by trying to steal my thread, run off with the penguin's eyes, and rip the plastic bag holding the stuffing. Good thing Molly is still a kitten or I would find her "help" this side of annoying.


The penguin and Buddy had a staring contest and now the penguin looks a lot like Buddy.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Love the sock penguin. Reading about Molly made me laugh. I had a cat who did the same thing with balls of yarn. He didn't appreciate me petting my knitting instead of him.

Barbara said...

Sounds like Molly had a productive day.

gayle said...

Molly was just trying to set a good example - she's an excellent role model for diligence, as anyone can see.
I'm trying to picture that staring contest. I imagine Buddy might have forgotten what he was doing and wandered off before it was over...

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Cute, cute, cute, plus you really made me laugh! Great post.

QuiltGranma said...

Good night, Mrs. Calabash, where ever you are! LOL! What a kitten!