Monday, October 2, 2023

Buddy and Ties


 This morning I took a selfie with Buddy on my lap. Like all the cool influencers, he knew that the camera should be held up to capture a flattering view. Unfortunately, he didn't consider who was holding the camera. And yes, this photo is being put on the internet without his consent or understanding of what the internet is.

And I have to decline all the kind offers from those of you who would like me to send Buddy as part of the fabric giveaway. Unfortunately, I would have to unplug his heated bed to seal the envelope and at that point he might be motivated to move a muscle and destroy the package. 

I also didn't move many muscles today and found myself spending the day taking apart ties. I find it weirdly satisfying. And the construction of a tie seems odd to me...so loosely sewn it's as if they were designed for deconstruction.

And if you are wondering what started me down this path, here is the video that is to blame...from the YouTube channel Dave's Craft Room...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjS7O0LcDyo

3 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

A True Influencer!!!! and great at posing!

gayle said...

Well I can certainly see how you became ensnared in silk ties! What a trap that Dave can set!

Beth Strand said...

I tucked away all of my late husband's ties with the thought of doing something in his memory. I'll be interested to see your project evolve.