Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Squirrel and Rabbit Hole Warning


 Back in the time of my cats Tommy and Jimmy, twitter was a digital town square for cats (literally). Our favorite was Sockington, who was renamed Sockamillion when he reached a million followers. And, of course, Tommy and Jimmy each had accounts. Then more recently, twitter went to the dogs (figuratively), so we moved to Mastodon, the new digital town square for cats (literally). The cat as squirrel photo trended on Mastodon a few days back...and now it will serve as a warning for the content that follows...

I can't bring myself to show more ties, so let me give you the link to the latest video from Dave's Craft Room (who started me down the silk tie rabbit hole)...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7_czHkD1eI

And here is a recently published book that I just got, written by a former blogger...or at least one who is having a very long and productive gap. She makes Kaleidoscope quilts from African wax prints using Ricky Tims Kaleidoscope method (also available as three classes on YouTube). Her blog is still available here: http://www.geckoboxes.com/.  This has brought the Kaleidoscope back up to my "must do soon" list.

And while you chase squirrels down rabbit holes, I'm going to go back to the sloth nest.

3 comments:

Susan said...

By the look of things, at least you will have company.

gayle said...

How did you know I was just wishing I could fall down a squirrel hole today?
That sloth nest does look pretty comfy tho...

Beth Strand said...

Ah, so cute sloths!