Monday, October 9, 2023

Wrapping up the Ties


 I'm almost to the end of tie deconstruction. And I'm starting to have worrying self-doubt. What if I like destruction more than construction?


This is my current strategy for storing ties...cat food boxes. Oddly similar to my storage method for pre-construction microspools. And at least there is one benefit from feeding Buddy and Molly.


Although I did clean out the rain gutters today, I did not have as grueling a day as Molly. Her fight with tissue paper and string was so valiant, she just fell asleep on the battlefield.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should make that observation about deconstructing; I’ve had that sneaking suspicion, myself! Wonder why it’s so appealing and satisfying???

gayle said...

Good thing you've got Brave Molly to protect you from that sneaky string! You could have tripped on it and scattered all your neatly folded ties! Phew!
(I get a secret thrill from deconstruction, too...)

Anonymous said...

When I was somewhere between 15 & 17, I spent a week at my paternal grandmother’s home, deconstructing my Grandfather’s (& probably others) ties. We set up the ironing board just off the back porch to keep the heat outside. It was such a treat to spend the week with her, by myself, and to work on that together. She let me pick the backing for it at the store. I chose a bright green satin. She probably tried to gently suggest something else. Over some months she made her quilt. Months later, when I received the finished quilt as a gift, it had that green fabric. The satin is too cold for snuggling with in the winter, but I still have it as she made it, 40+ yrs later.
I recently inherited tie blocks from my maternal grandmother, and ties from my dad. They may need to wait awhile.
Laura H.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Molly maybe thinks there are presents inside the wrapping paper. Or not. Rosie shreds tissue paper especially difficult since I wrapped all the glasses and dishes out of the cupboard during the great kitchen debacle, I mean makeover. Shards of tissue paper everywhere here.