Friday, October 13, 2023

Gridlock Begins


 The Gridlock project has advanced from stacks of fabric (SOF) to a single block. That said, I figured out the best way for me to proceed. I am featuring the fabric line Roots by e bond. Most of the fabrics in the line have a lot of movement and will work best on the perimeter. After I figure out the outer border, I pick the center.  (As a reminder, Gridlock is featured in many Kaffe Fasset books (including knitting) and the quilts are all made by Liza Prior Lucy.

A couple of yesterday's comments noticed an angry cat hexie. That fabric is from the Alexander Henry collection of The Ghastlies called The Deep Dive. You might think that the cat is angry because it is under water and quickly losing air, except all of the fish are very angry too. And it looks like they are staring at you, so I would get out of there if I were you. Although this fabric says its from 2019, I think they reprinted it because I noticed that it is available for purchase again.

2 comments:

Julierose said...

I have quite a lot of Ghastlie fabrics stashed away--just love them, but need to think on how to use them...

Your Gridlock block is really fascinating...which reminds me:
[that term reminds me of the I95 corridor that passes near our Town--every day there is at least one blockage--either from blasting for new ramps or accidents!! Because the blasting closes traffic for at least 1/2 hr both directions every weekday, we get alerts on our phones--thank goodness..as
they are re-routed onto our secondary roadways].
Anyway, sorry about my diversion (hahaha)--

I like how this is looking--I assume the "gridlock part" is the center? Challenging block, Julie. Looking forward to seeing more of these and how you will put them together..
hugs, Julierose

gayle said...

Is that grumpy fish print the backing for the seahorses?
Love the Gridlock block!