Sunday, October 8, 2023

Final Decisions


 I am quite happy to see how the chips fell as a border for the seahorses. I might have to fuss a bit with how the chips come together at the corners, but as long as they look bouncy, the exact configuration may not matter.


And I forgot that I had Pellon PLF36, an ultra lightweight non woven interfacing, to try. And this is it. This interfacing is light like the knit interfacing, but not as slinky. The result feels just like cotton. This was so exciting I made a little microspool (finished 1.5 inches) to celebrate. Hmm...do I have enough ties for a charm silk tie microspool quilt? 


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I have some of that "knitted" interfacing - I was going to mention it to you but as my memory has gone walkabout I couldn't remember what it was called...also, I can't find it to see if anything is written on it for identification....no hope! Elaine in UK

Anonymous said...

That border is perfect! It's cheerful but not visually heavy.

Andrea in MO

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Love that border and good to know about the pollen brand as I was gifted some ties this past summer.

gayle said...

Love that bouncy bubbly border! Sets off those dancing seahorses perfectly!

Kathy S. said...

LOVE the seahorses!!!

Frogdancer Jones said...

Hooray!
I came back from my 5 week holiday in England and Ireland to find you've started posting again!!!
Love the seahorse quilt, but it was a picture of your spool quilt on Pinterest that brought me here in May.
:)