Monday, October 23, 2023

Unsewing


Back up. Today my progress on the seahorse quilt was to remove the narrow blue batik border. I was going to add a much wider border but decided that that would make the tight cluster of seahorses look weird. Seahorses are solitary animals, so this quilt is weird enough. Instead, I will make the border slightly larger, but measured so the diamonds in the second border run around the corners neatly.


And with the seahorses off the design wall, I had my first opportunity to see the Gridlock blocks all together. I have definitely veered toward the dark side and will need the next handful of blocks to be lighter.

5 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I get what you mean about the seahorses. The look very thrilled to be surrounded by just diamonds.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Oh, I love those Gridlock blocks!!!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love these seahorses and the diamond border, so pretty! The Gridlocks are gorgeous too, what a fun block!

gayle said...

Gridlock is gonna be gorgeous!

Claire said...

I love the seahorses! Alas, sometimes we have to see a product to realize a design idea isn't working. Hope the next idea works for you.